Would you love to have long, full, and beautiful eyelashes? Latisse is an FDA-approved prescription treatment that can help you achieve the look you desire. My Image Skin and Body offers Latisse treatments to help enhance your natural eyelashes.
Book Your Free
What is Latisse?
Latisse is a prescription treatment that is designed to help promote longer, thicker, fuller and darker eyelashes. It contains the active ingredient bimatoprost, which has been found to promote eyelash growth. The prescription is applied to the base of the upper eyelashes using a sterile applicator once a day. Over time, the treatment can help to produce longer, thicker, and darker eyelashes.
How does Latisse work?
What are the benefits of Latisse Eyelash Treatment?
What are the side effects of Latisse?
Latisse is generally considered to be safe, but some patients may experience side effects. The most common side effects include:
Redness or itching of the eyes
If you experience any of these side effects, you should contact your healthcare provider right away. In rare cases, Latisse can cause changes in the color of the iris, so it is important to discuss the potential risks and benefits with your provider before starting treatment.
Who is a good candidate for Latisse?
Latisse is a great option for anyone who wants to enhance the appearance of their natural eyelashes. However, Latisse is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women, individuals with a history of eye problems or allergies, or anyone who is currently using other eye medications.
The Results of Using Latisse
Results from using Latisse can vary from person to person, but most people begin to see noticeable changes in their lashes after about four weeks of consistent use. After about 16 weeks, lashes should reach their full potential length, thickness, and darkness. In clinical studies, 78% of participants experienced a significant increase in overall lash prominence, while 80% experienced an improvement in lash darkness. The remaining 20% of participants saw some improvement, but not as much as the majority.
It is important to note that the results of using Latisse are not permanent, and regular use is required to maintain the improvements. If use is discontinued, lashes will gradually return to their previous appearance.
How long do the results of Latisse last?
The results of Latisse can last as long as the eyelash hair cycle, which is typically about four to six months. To maintain the results, you will need to continue using the treatment on a daily basis.
Is Latisse safe?
Latisse is generally considered to be safe when used as directed by a healthcare professional. However, it is important to discuss your medical history and any medications you are currently taking with your provider before starting treatment.
How can I get started with
Latisse treatments at My Image
Skin and Body?
Latisse is only approved for use on the upper eyelashes. It has not been tested or approved for use on the eyebrows.
Yes, Latisse is a prescription medication and should only be used under the supervision of a healthcare provider.
If you stop using Latisse, your eyelashes will gradually return to their previous length and thickness over several weeks to months.
Latisse is only approved for use on the upper eyelashes. It has not been tested or approved for use on the lower eyelashes.
No, it is recommended to remove contact lenses before applying Latisse. You may reinsert contact lenses 15 minutes after application.
While rare, there is a risk of permanent darkening of the iris (the coloured part of the eye) with long-term use of Latisse. This risk is higher for people with light-coloured eyes.
No, Latisse is not a permanent solution for eyelash growth. If you stop using the medication, your eyelashes will gradually return to their previous length and thickness over several weeks to months.
Latisse should be applied once a day to the upper eyelid margins at the base of the eyelashes. Do not apply more frequently as this will not increase the effectiveness of the medication.